The Audi is a luxury German brand known for its performance, style, technology, amazingly-crafted interiors, and a trademarked all-wheel drive system. While the Audi is one of the most well-crafted automobile brands in the world, it is not without the need of regular and routine maintenance services.
These services keep your vehicle operating in optimal condition and performing at its best. Things like tire rotation, fluid and filter changes, brake inspections, and drive belt checks are key to maintaining the superior condition of your unique Audi. One of the most important maintenance services for any automobile is a routine oil change. This is especially true for imports such as the Audi.
Why is an oil change so important to the overall performance of a vehicle?
A properly-scheduled oil change is crucial to the longevity and performance of your automobile. Although it can seem like an easy process, the oil change for your Audi should be done by trusted Audi technicians. This will ensure that not only the proper type of oil is used, but also the correct amount.
Also, some imports have a more complicated system that can make oil changes a bit more challenging to complete. Let’s look at some of the ways an oil change works to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
- Improved gas mileage: When it nears time for an oil change, your engine could start suffering from poor lubrication. This inadequacy can lead to an increase in fuel consumption. Fresh oil provides the proper lubrication for the motor, thus creating an improvement in gas mileage.
- Removes damaging components: Dirty oil contains a lot of potentially harmful components that can cause devastation to your motor. Some of these components include dirt particles from wear and sludge. These things can shorten the life of your engine by causing irreversible corrosion. Regular oil changes drain these damaging components so they can no longer cause harm.
- Cools engine components: The moving parts that make up the inner workings of your engine create friction and heat, especially when there is poor lubrication. If this friction continues, the engine may overheat. An overheated engine is an engine that will not operate. A sufficient amount of clean oil will prevent any overheating, thus protecting your motor.
How often should you change the oil in your Audi?
This routine service is not as simple as just changing the oil every X-amount of miles. In general, Audis should have an oil change every 10,000 miles. However, there are multiple factors to consider when determining exactly when this should be done. These include:
- The type of oil: Experienced technicians will use the specific type of oil required for your particular make and model. Whether your Audi requires synthetic or regular, the manufacturer will determine the best choice to ensure peak performance from your vehicle.
- Your driving style: The way you drive your car or SUV can affect the timing of an oil change. A highway driving style means that you normally drive at higher, consistent speeds for long periods of time. City driving refers to regular speeds at shorter distances. A performance driving style is when you operate at higher RPMS, rev the engine, or red line quite often.
- The environment and your location: Where you live and drive also impacts oil changes. The needs are different in sandy or salty locations than they are in the city.
Trust the Professional at H&A Service and Sales
H & A Service and Sales is a family-owned business that has been in operation since 2014. We service the residents of Cobb County, Kennesaw, Woodstock and Mariette, GA. Our team of qualified professionals is committed to honesty, value, and quality service for all of our customers.
We understand the specific maintenance needs of your luxury Audi and take pride in the thoroughness of our services. We pay attention to detail and treat your automobile like it is our own.
H & A Service and Sales builds personal relationships with our customers so you can fully trust our team to complete an optimal oil change and maintain your vehicle for a lifetime. Call us today to speak with our qualified staff and schedule an appointment.
* Audi S4 image credit goes to: kurmyshov.